DPR’s commercial lending platform has been designed to provide optimum flexibility in loan structure coupled with control and consistency in back-end processes.
Commercial loan products share a common foundation with the other mortgage products in DPR’s portfolio, but have been extended to provide additional functionality that reflects the distinctive needs of commercial lenders.
These tailored features include:
- Support for complex applicant structures including companies and individuals
- Multiple loan securities including property and non property asset classes
- Suite of product management and configuration tools
- The ability to apply bespoke pricing on a per deal basis, or create flexible repayment terms (e.g. payment holiday or interest roll-up), all subject to permissions and auditing
- New products can be published prior to the launch date, at which point they will be activated automatically
- Fine-grained control of product by distribution channel
- Automatic procuration fee calculation including splits and overrides
- Broker registration and approval process
- Funding and distribution pools with tranche criteria, funding thresholds, depletion alerts and automated staged product withdrawal
- Ability to report on sales performance over time by distribution channel and other attributes
- Tailored web portal allowing external brokers and in-house sales staff to submit and track new business online
- Ability to define the structure of the loan in terms of company and individual participants and their roles
- Produce heads of terms and initial illustration prior to submission of full case data for review
- Automate company and individual level background checks with leading credit reference agencies, including the ability to carry out an extended search, e.g. other directorships
- Ability to pre-qualify applications prior to underwriting using rules engine. Rule overrides can only be carried out by users with the appropriate role, and are audited including the rationale which must be entered
- Easy to use underwriting and case handling system allows application processing staff to easily view all case data and documents from a single interface and progress applications
- Process wizards to simplify common tasks such as recording asset valuations, maintaining offer conditions and more
- Credit Committee review process
DPR’s commercial loan servicing and collections suite provides a complete set of business processes and account administration functions, including:
- Maintain balances and transactions for all accounts, including multi-part loans which may have differing products and terms
- Support for staged drawdown of funds, e.g. for property development loans
- Automated calculation and posting of interest, apportionment of payments received and Direct Debit processing
- Daily extract of all monetary movements and accruals to General Ledger
- Statement production
- Library of business process wizards for handling all types of borrower and account processes
- Automatic detection of missed payments to trigger collections process
- Ability to create and track arrangements for arrears cases
- Litigation, possession and asset disposal processes
- Web portal with online applications and case tracking to facilitate broker self service, reducing lender data entry and broker support overheads
- Direct integration with credit reference agencies etc. for automated data exchange without re-keying
- Ability to apply lending policy rules to pre check application and bureau data and generate checklist items
- Workflow driven origination process, automating the production of correspondence and the creation and management of tasks and checklist items
- All letters, forms and other documentation can be generated automatically from easily editable templates
- Task performance against deadlines and SLAs is proactively monitored and can be escalated if needed
The DPR platform helps organisations large and small to optimise their origination and servicing operations, driving down costs and ensuring that they make best use of available resources. DPR’s powerful workflow engine automates common tasks; integration gateways enable seamless exchange of information with a library of industry-standard service providers and our smart task management technology brings control and insight into manual processing.
In a competitive and rapidly changing market, providers must be able to react rapidly to changing needs and circumstances. DPR’s suite of graphical configuration tools brings new levels of customisation and control to the business, shortening development times and enabling business analysts to directly maintain and test complex business functionality without programming.
DPR’s modular, service-oriented architecture is robust, secure and easy to manage, and is designed to scale seamlessly across physical, virtual or cloud-based implementations for organisations of any size. Comprehensive telemetry provides real-time insight into system health and resource utilisation, and additional system capacity can be easily provisioned by adding additional storage and service nodes as required.